Diesel Tank Floor Replacement
- Port Hedland
- Client Name Withheld
Wave worked on behalf of the client to provide engineering services for the repair of a 24 ML (41 m diameter, 20 m high) diesel storage tank.
Working closely with the client, Wave’s responsibilities were to deliver:
- Repair SOW documentation;
- Review of contractor tender submissions;
- Verifications of calculations for tank jacking;
- Verifications of calculations for manhole cut-out and reinforcing;
- Verification of calculations for hold downs;
- Verification of compliance to API650;
- Quality inspections.
The tank’s repair has been completed by cutting the existing floor plates into small enough sections and removing them from within the tank through a temporary opening made in the side of the tank. New annular floor plates were then installed inside the tank and fully seam welded together.
Wave’s responsiveness and experience enabled the project to be completed in time and within budget.