YANGIBANA RARE EARTH MINERALS PROJECT
Wave was engaged by the client to provide an owner integrated management team (IMT) support role to deliver the DFS for their rare earth minerals project in Western Australia. The Wave IMT group integrated with the Clients existing personnel to ensure all aspects of the Gap Analysis, pre-DFS and the final study are completed to an acceptable standard. The owners team forms the basis around which
Wave’s continued support into the execution of the project and the subsequent procurement, construction and commissioning phases can be deployed.
The project is generally defined as the greenfield development of an open pit mine resource, with process plants for beneficiation and hydrometallurgy processing, tailings storage facilities, borefields and supporting infrastructure such as access roads, aerodrome, hybrid power station, accommodation village and HV workshops.
Wave is involved in numerous prominent roles including project management and delivery of the DFS study team, overall project controls, government approvals, financial modelling and technical design reviews for deliverables submitted from the DFS consultant team.
Project Controls includes scheduling and cost tracking for the client’s study phase work including the primary consultant design engineering team and all other engaged consultants. This includes supplementing project accounts roles for creating the Clients cost management Reports.
Wave is responsible for the Project Management on behalf of the Client, integrating the project controls, design, government approvals and permitting and supporting project funding roles, these include;
- Delivering the Definitive Feasibility Study
- Project management support for all state and commonwealth environmental approvals and mining proposal/mine closure plan.
- Government liaison for all permitting related to the site, utilities, radiation, environmental, cultural heritage.
- Engineering design management reviews and approvals of all engineering design work related to the process plant, non-process infrastructure and TSF’s.
- Process design review and support.
- Environmental consultant team engagement
- Financial modelling.
- Product suite & marketing support to Client.
- Assisting in operational readiness plan for deployment of maintenance and operational success of the plant.
- Project wide Work Breakdown Structure.
- Development and management of a project implementation schedule in P6
- Invoicing to track the costs to the WBS budget.